Let's go left to right and count some differences:
1) The Knoxville Gas Company building is no longer there.
2) The Broadway viaduct now hides the train tracks below.
3) The AT&T building now completes the background.
4) The Southern Glass building now shores up the steep hill on the corner.
5) The Crane Co. building was long ago painted over with a Philco sign, probably the way most Knoxvillians know it.
6) If you could see through the Southern Glass building, every one of the tall buildings in the background of the 1920's picture is gone.
7) The Corner BP now occupies what was once the front yard of the Temple Beth-El.
What do you notice?